Sitemaps & content prioritization
- Content is a priority for websites
—people come for the content
- Content should be considered very early
- Organization of content is important
Understanding a user’s flow helps structure pages
- Where does a user want to go?
- What task does a user want to complete?
- How do they get from one place to another?
A sitemap diagram helps us understand how pages are connected together—visually.
Help structure the content for importance to user
- Organize content by importance
- Important content is highlighted, or more highly numbered
- Audit content for relevance & helpfulness