Merges & approvals
Merge (pull) requests
To get code from your working branch into the
master you must request it.
- GitHub calls this a “Pull request”
- It alerts teammates to new code
- Provides a new screen for discussion
The goal of the merge request is to review code.
- Look at the code for typos
- Confirm it works properly
- Write a small review of the code
If you “Pull” in GitHub Desktop you can switch to the branch to try it out.
There could be changes that need to be made—that’s up to the original author.
- Make more commits onto the same branch
- Get teammates to look at the changes
Approval & merge
After everything is good, the merge is approved & copied to